The Solar Bear Process
Why Choose Solar Bear
There are many reasons why homeowners in Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota, and its surrounding areas choose to work with Solar Bear!
Excellence in Service
Discounts are available for first responders, active and retired military, and senior citizens.
We offer same-day service.
We offer one free solar panel cleaning per year for the first five years after the job is completed.
We guarantee 100% client satisfaction and back up our work with a solid warranty package that includes:
- 25-Year Workmanship Warranty
- 25-Year No Leak Guarantee
- 30-Year Solar Panel Warranty
- 30-Year Production Warranty
A Proven Track Record of Success
We have a 5.0 rating with EnergySage, the country’s largest Solar forum!
Solar Bear is A+ Rated with the BBB and has more 5-star reviews on the BBB than any solar company in the Nation!
The Solar Bear Process
Step 1: We come to your home and give you a personalized Performance & Financial analysis of your current system.
Step 2: If you decide to move forward with our services and wish to finance the project, our team will get started on the financing approval process.
Step 3: Within 48 hours of signing the contract for our services, we send our Site Surveyor to your home who will perform the following:
- Assess the scope of the project.
- Inspect the roof to make sure it is in good condition and capable of having solar panels installed.
- Make sure no obstructions or shade that will block your solar panels from the sun.
- Answer any questions you may have about the installation process.
Step 4: We begin the permit process that includes:
- An Electrical and Structural schematic of your project design is created by our team of engineers, a process that takes around 48 to 72 hours.
- We submit this schematic along with your permit application to the local municipality.
- Once the permit is approved, we contact you to schedule your installation.
Step 5: The solar panels are installed at a date convenient for you and the completed project is inspected by the city for approval.
Step 6: We file interconnection paperwork to your power company and request they swap out your meter for a new Smart Meter – a device that tracks the energy produced by your solar panels. This process takes about 30 to 60 days (Tier 1 vs. Tier 2).
Step 7: LET THERE BE LIGHT! We come out to your home and turn on your solar panel system. While on site, we will set up your apps and teach you how to use the system.